Belleville - The Friendly CityBelleville is located on Lake Ontario’s Bay of Quinte and it is the commercial, employment, institutional, and cultural centre of the region. Its stunning location, quality of life, and easy access to large markets make it a preferred location for both residents and businesses.
Canada’s top 25 communities to live and work remotely
Source: Maclean’s 2021 Best Communities to Live list
(less than) < $500,000
Average cost of purchasing a home
People for work as a regional hub
Benefits of Relocating
Skilled workforce with high retention rates
- Belleville offers a skilled and available workforce with competitive wages
- Belleville’s workforce is synonymous with strong work ethics and high retention rates, proving to be high-performing, loyal assets to businesses.
- With a deep history in the industrial sector, Belleville’s labour force is known for being experts in the skilled trades areas.
- The population of Belleville is more educated than in Ontario and Canada as a whole, with most choosing technical training for their post secondary education.
Belleville Support Services
Belleville is very community-forward, regional cooperation results in regional support for local businesses. The entrepreneurial culture has ensured that business associations, angel investment networks, and business mentorship opportunities are always flourishing in the city.
Companies looking to expand their customer base, open a satellite office, develop distribution channels or partnerships are welcome to ‘land’ in Belleville, Ontario. Work with our team of consultants who will ensure your transition is a smooth one by providing:
- Dedicated programs helping international firms explore the City of Belleville as a landing site for expansion/investment into the North American Market
- Business Services – Professional support from legal, immigration and taxation, business coaching and mentoring, introductions to business networking organisations.
- Relocation Services – Dedicated staff providing concierge services to help you “land” in Belleville. .
- Mix of different office spaces ranging from coworking spaces to premium Class A office suites
The city’s strong, diverse industrial base produces everything from plastics and packaging to auto parts, research & development, distribution, food processing, and customer contact centres.
Access to Markets
Belleville, situated on Lake Ontario in central North America, has convenient access to Canadian, American, and global markets. Both Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) and Canadian National Railway (CNR) run directly through the City and access the City’s industrial park.
Canada’s largest Air Force Base, 8 Wing Trenton, is located only 10 minutes away and is a convenient airport that can accommodate any size aircraft. The base is available 24/7! Base personnel are allowed to authorise private/corporate flights with appropriate notice provided. Canada Customs is on site and ready to provide the required clearances/reviews as needed.
Picton Terminal, the marine shipping terminal is located in Picton Harbour, 30km south of Belleville.