What it means to you
The OINP Entrepreneur Stream is a pathway for experienced international entrepreneurs to move for more in Ontario by starting a new business or buying an existing one.
The OINP-ESI is a great option for international entrepreneurs who are thinking about immigrating to Canada – and it is an excellent option to consider for family reunification.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program is the province of Ontario’s economic immigration program to attract the skills and experience Ontario needs. In partnership with the Government of Canada through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), it is a pathway to permanent residence in Canada.
This means you can come to Ontario as a temporary resident and if, after 20 months, you meet program requirements you can be nominated for permanent residence in Canada.
OINP: ESI is a way for you and your parents to reunite while you study. It supports the entire family unit to build a new life in Ontario, enabling your long-term stability in Canada. TBDC will help your parents explore business opportunities that will let your family stay together in Ontario.
- One-on-one consultations with a TBDC Advisor
- Complimentary legal services to support the process
- Identification of business creation and purchase opportunities outside the Greater Toronto Area
- Matching with relevant business opportunities
- Assistance in the development and registration of an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the OINP Entrepreneur Stream
- Help to develop and submit a high-quality application to the OINP Entrepreneur Stream
- Applications will be processed on a priority basis
Add to that – It is an innovative pathway to family reunification.
How OINP-ESI benefits international students and parents
- OINP-ESI matches their business idea with locally available business opportunities in any suitable city across Ontario.
- They can start a new or buy an established business outside of the Greater Toronto Area with the OINP-ESI.
TBDC Services for ESI participants
Through the ESI, TBDC provides tailored services to help international entrepreneurs identify business opportunities in Ontario and apply to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program Entrepreneur Stream – including facilitating access to legal services to support the process.
TBDC is Ontario’s oldest business incubator and has helped thousands of entrepreneurs build businesses and careers.
ESI participants have access to dedicated TBDC application pre-assessment intake staff – a service that is not available in any other jurisdiction.
Under the ESI, potential immigrant entrepreneurs will get active assistance to identify and secure business and investment opportunities, and to draft and complete a high-quality application.
We offer a one-window, concierge-type service that includes a single point of contact for inquiries, matchmaking, referrals to business advisory vendors, mentor networking, and licensing support.
Toronto Business Development Centre will support ESI participants by actively matching them with suitable opportunities to create a new business or purchase an existing one in communities that have an identified economic opportunity – and then help them apply to the OINP Entrepreneur Stream.
- Ontario is the Canadian province with the highest number of international students (192,906).
- Many parents of international students from several countries like UAE, India, Philippines, Singapore among others look for viable options for immigration and entrepreneurship, with the goal of family reunification and long-term stability in Canada
- The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) – Entrepreneur Success Initiative (ESI) is supported by Ontario’s Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development. It is an excellent option for international entrepreneurs looking to build a new life in Ontario, Canada.
- Minimum personal investment of $200,000 CAD to establish and operate your business in Ontario
- Verifiable personal net worth of at least $400,000 CAD
- At least 24 months of qualifying business experience in the last 60 months
- Commitment to create a new business or purchase an existing business in Ontario outside of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
- Active involvement, on an ongoing basis, in the management of the business
- Capital investment is to make a profit, not to derive interest, dividends, or capital gains
- The creation of at least one permanent full-time job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
Three simple steps for international entrepreneurs to participate in the ESI
If you are ready to make the move to Ontario, you can start right now.
Complete the ESI contact form
Book a 15-minute exploratory call with a TBDC Advisor
Begin your move for more!