- Register an Expression of Interest.
- If invited, submit an online application.
- You and your business partner (if applicable) attend a mandatory interview.
- If your stage 1 application is successful, you must sign a performance agreement.
- A temporary work permit support letter is issued by the Government of Ontario so you can apply for a temporary work permit from the Government of Canada.
- Establish your business – you have 20 months from the date you arrive in Ontario to implement your business plan and submit a final report.
- If your business meets all requirements, we ask you for documentation to make sure you are eligible for nomination for permanent residence.
To qualify for nomination as a permanent resident under the Entrepreneur Stream, you must demonstrate that you will have a viable business that is likely to provide material economic benefit to the economy of Ontario as a whole or to the local Ontario economy where the business will be located. You and one foreign national business partner (if applicable) must both meet the eligibility requirements.
If you are invited to apply, you must provide supporting documentation demonstrating that you meet eligibility requirements. This includes providing documentation for any qualifications you claimed when you registered your expression of interest.
You must submit your application within 90 days of receiving an invitation.
You must have at least 24 months of full-time business experience in the last 60 months.
Your experience must be as a business owner or as a senior manager (business management).
As a business owner you must have had an active role in the business and owned at least one-third of the business. As a senior manager you must have had senior decision-making responsibilities in the business and managed the day-to-day operations of the business in whole or in part.
You must be able to listen, read, write, and speak English or French at a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 4.
For English tests, the OINP accepts either:
– International English Language Testing (IELTS) (General Training test only)
– Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) (General test only)
For French tests, the OINP accepts either:
– Test d’évaluation de français pour le Canada (TEF)
– Test de connaissance du français pour le Canada (TCF Canada)