Barrie - Go Further, FasterBarrie, as a part of the "Great Golden Horseshoe," one of North America's fastest growing regions, serves as an ideal playground for entrepreneurs seeking to establish or expand their businesses.
Average household income
Source: BMA Municipal Study, 2021
Best Small Cities in Canada
Source: Resonance Consultancy
Top City to invest in Ontario
Source: REIN, 2018
Population growth by 2051
Jobs by 2051
Benefits of Relocating
Talent that comes here, stays here
- Barrie is brimming with next-gen talent. They are youthful and bold, innovative and entrepreneurial. They possess abundant potential to shape the future of this beautiful city.
- 61% of Barrie’s workforce has a post-secondary education. Georgian University, Ontario’s #1 co-op college, leader in CNC and robotics is located in Barrie. Barrie is also home to Lakehead university, one of Canada’s top undergraduate research universities. Attracting thousands of students every year, Barrie’s pipeline of skilled talent is limitless.
- Industry-academia collaborations like the $30M investment in the Peter B. Moore Advanced Technology Centre ensures high quality knowledge output in Barrie.
Barrie Support Services
Barrie is among the best small cities in Canada, coupled with it’s rapid growth rate and diverse expanding economy, the municipality’s upward trajectory is on the fastlane.
Southmedic Inc, Empower Simcoe, Napoleon, CSR Cosmetic Solutions, Western Mechanical are some of the largest employers in the region. Arts, entertainment and recreation, Manufacturing, Finance and insurance, have seen 34%, 17% and 13% growth in 5 years respectively. (2014-2019)
Barrie’s focus on innovation and collaboration is the backbone of it’s collaborative, tight-knit business community. You will be surrounded by people seeking an ideal location to start or expand a business in Barrie.
Companies looking to expand their customer base, open a satellite office, develop distribution channels or partnerships are welcome to ‘land’ in Belleville, Ontario. Work with our team of consultants who will ensure your transition is a smooth one by providing:
- Dedicated programs helping international firms explore the City of Belleville as a landing site for expansion/investment into the North American Market
- Business Services – Professional support from legal, immigration and taxation, business coaching and mentoring, introductions to business networking organisations.
- Relocation Services – Dedicated staff providing concierge services to help you “land” in Belleville.
- Mix of different office spaces ranging from coworking spaces to premium Class A office suites.
The combination of futuristic industries like advanced manufacturing, information technology, and cultural industries like food and beverage provide stability to Barrie through all economic cycles. These crucial sectors are fostering innovation and promoting growth in the region.
Data, Security, and Cloud Services
Food & Beverage
Automation & Precision Manufacturing
Technology, Software Development & Digital Media
Access to Markets
The city’s location is one that’s sought after. It lies within 100 km of Toronto, the Blue Mountains, and Ontario’s cottage country, and 90 minutes by flight to New York, Boston, and Washington.
Located in Central Ontario, with advantageous access to big cities within the province as well as across borders, Barrie continues to invest in connectivity upgrades. High-value highway and roadway projects are underway that connect Barrie to further external markets making moving goods in and out of the city even more efficient.
COMMITTED TO GROWTH
The city of Barrie has 5,700 acres of land in its secondary planning area that are open for future development. To explore development opportunities, you can view the city’s interactive GIS mapping tool right here.