Looking to start a new or buy an existing business in Ontario?
Are you interested in selling your business in Ontario?
The OINP Entrepreneur Stream is a pathway for experienced international entrepreneurs to move for more in Ontario by starting a new business or buying an existing one.
This means you can come to Ontario as a temporary resident and if, after 20 months, you meet program requirements, you can be nominated for permanent residence in Canada.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program is the province of Ontario’s economic immigration program to attract the skills and experience Ontario needs. In partnership with the Government of Canada through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), it is a pathway to permanent residence in Canada.
If you are an Ontario business owner and want to sell your business, TBDC can help by:
- Assessing if the business is eligible to be purchased by an OINP ESI participant
- Sharing information with international entrepreneurs who are interested in purchasing a business in Ontario
- Matching pre-qualified international entrepreneurs who are interested in purchasing a business with business owners
- Facilitating an introduction between the business owner and the entrepreneur
Frequently asked questions
Have questions? We’re here to help.
The Entrepreneur Success Initiative is a two-year initiative supported by Ontario’s Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development and is administered by Toronto Business Development Centre (TBDC).
The Entrepreneur Success Initiative is for entrepreneurs who are interested in immigrating to Canada by establishing a new business or buying and growing an existing business outside of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Through the Entrepreneur Success Initiative, TBDC provides qualified entrepreneurs with the following services:
– Support to identify business opportunities in Ontario that align with interests and experience (for example: opportunities to create a new business or to purchase an existing business).
– Assistance to apply to the OINP Entrepreneur Stream, including facilitating access to complimentary legal services to support the process.
Complete applications submitted to the Entrepreneur Stream under the Initiative will be processed on a priority basis.